- At the booth and its conference you can learn about the solutions the company has created to achieve proper implementation.
The Pandemic has had a significant impact on the retail industry. On the supplier side, recent supply chain challenges have forced companies to confront issues such as logistics disruptions, production delays, and inventory fulfilment issues.
For consumers, e-commerce, omni-channel, and highly customized shopping experiences have become the norm.
Companies must think hard about where the next innovation will occur and how best to adopt Digital Transformation to meet both the evolving requirements from both consumers and suppliers.
Join us at the conference Modernizing Your Business and Managing Change with Cloud in the Era of Digital Transformation, to be given by Kam He, Director of Digital Transformation.
At the talk, which will be given as part of the 7th America Digital Latin American Congress of Business & Technology 2022, attendees will learn more about how best to use data to drive digital transformation.
You can also visit the Alibaba Cloud booth to discuss your challenges or real-world use-cases for a more in-depth conversation. We look forward to meeting you, learning about your business, and sharing our experience in Digital Transformation.
Here at Alibaba, our entire organization has already embarked on this journey to great success, which is why we’re sharing our own success journey story and best practices with other leading enterprises across the globe.
This means we bring real-life experience of transformation as well as digital solutions to support our customers on their own transformation journeys.
Here are some the specific opportunities we’ve identified that we think are critical in managing the supply chain crisis (throughout the entire value chain):
- Shortening the Supply Cycle: Integrate the upstream information flow, receive the underlying touch-point data timely, and intelligently create a rolling procurement plan.
- Flexible Production Line Structure: Digitalize the materials in production line with real time data to provide timely information flow.
- Optimizing the Transportation System: Provide accurate statistics of finished products in transit ensuring smooth and timely information flow.
- Accurate Inventory Information: Optimize the order and inventory information of finished products in stock, and semi-finished products in production.
- Reliable Sales and Marketing System: Create an accurate sales forecasting system and controllable marketing strategies and systems.
Now, in order to achieve these 5 objectives, there are 3 primary approaches we take. System, Architecture, and Data.
- Digitalization: Connect the physical and digital world through a digital twin.
- Datalization: Integrate the data of the entire value chain and form a big data pool.
- Intelligentization: Leverage big data, and AI.
Through our own journey of the transformation, we’ve developed a suite of solutions (tools and services) to assist companies with Digital Transformation (as opposed to transformation tools!)
- Evaluate physical, technical and operational stacks for opportunities to innovate.
- Physical infrastructure layer: Logistics and Supplier Network, 4PL/3PL, Warehouse, Factory, etc.
- IoT/Automation hardware layer: RFID, PDA, E-INK, AGV, Robotics.
- Supply chain data platform layer: Transactions, Planning, Quality, Service, Manufacturing, Costs, etc.
- Business execution systems layer: OMS, TMS, WMS, SRM, POS, etc.
- Planning decision layer: S&OP, Network Planning, Demand Forecasting, Replenishment, Distribution, Resource Planning and Procurement.
- Operation control layer: Data Insight, Health Check (Auto-Detect and Alert)
To continue improving on each layer and set up specific KPIs to monitor, Alibaba Cloud has developed Digital Supply Chain Center (DSCC) as the control tower for S&OP’s suitability by having cross-team data collaboration for decision-making, which aims to drive high performance execution across Business Units (BU).
Collecting real-time data from each BU helps to optimize decision-making, improve operating efficiency and operational costs. Lean management is the trend of today, and this platform can give brands the high-speed growth it needs.
This approach is intended to address the demands of enterprise data construction and management, and can be divided into three main categories:
- Systematic Data Organization
Ensures that data can be organized and processed in an integrated and standardized way, including data sources, data cleaning, data association, data storage, and data service export.
- Efficient Data Production
Ensures the quality of data output by improving data producing efficiency, avoids repetitive production and error to provide your business team with high quality data.
- Convenient Data Service
Ensures the data availability, easy access and services for the upstream applications that timely serve the business. The service strategy should be clear and the service channel should be unblocked. Everything should be simple and safe.
We look forward to meeting you, learning about your business and sharing our experience in Digital Transformation, both in the talk and in the booth we will have at the 7th America Digital Latin American Congress of Business & Technology 2022.
Buy your tickets here
- Best Moments of 7th America Digital Latin American Congress of Business & Technology 2022
- GlobalLogic presents: 5 key technologies in digital banking and Fintech services
- Citrix and hybrid work: technology focusing on people
- GRUPOEXPO, how to solve strategically the optimization of processes
- What is the true role of a CIO in the digital economy?