XIUS is a mobile technology specialist focused on real-time transaction processing in Mobile Services Infrastructure, Mobile Banking, Channel & Distribution Management Systems, Convergent Billing, Core Network solution along with OSS/BSS & Value Added Services. Looking ahead, we have also identified new key growth areas like 5G Network Ecosystem, Internet of Things Platform Solutions and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning.
The underlying focus of our work culture is built on three pillars:
- Innovation – Fostering an environment for the identification, development, testing and delivery of new solutions to the markets.
- Entrepreneurship – Business-focused technology orchestration, building long-term value.
- Operational Excellence – Enhanced customer satisfaction through stronger processes, reliable teams and upgraded infrastructure.
With our Marketing Headquarters in USA and Corporate Office & Global Delivery Center in India, we bring together premium technology and outstanding value-added solutions!
Our 25 years of telecom expertise is proven by over 230 deployments and customers that include global Tier 1 mobile operators and MVNOs across 5 continents. XIUS Infrastructure Solutions process and manage more than 350 million calls a day and our Mobile Payments Solutions manage over $US 1 billion worth of payment transactions monthly. The company’s belief in innovation reflects in the filing of 120 patent applications, with 35 awarded to date.
XIUS corporate mission is to be the technology engine that ignites fundamental change in the delivery of telecommunications, banking and IT services to the end-users. We achieve this by dedicating our entire organization to innovation and operational excellence!
- Best Moments of 7th America Digital Latin American Congress of Business & Technology 2022
- GlobalLogic presents: 5 key technologies in digital banking and Fintech services
- Citrix and hybrid work: technology focusing on people
- GRUPOEXPO, how to solve strategically the optimization of processes
- What is the true role of a CIO in the digital economy?